A clock face but no ordinary clock face, this used to sit high up on the Royal Arch at Dundee docks.
The Royal Arch was built to commemorate the visit of Queen Victoria and her husband, Prince Albert, in 1844. The first royalty to visit the city since the 17th century.The original arch was made of wood for the visit.
This is how it looked back in the olden days LINK Pretty impressive isn’t it?
We try not to get to sentimental about these things so just over a hundred years later we blew the thing up to replace it with the approach road to the Tay road bridge! That road has since been moved.
Actually around about these times Dundee’s city fathers were giving the okay to blitz pretty much the entire city centre and replace it with drab concrete, which would have made someone a few quid.